This License is between the University of Southern California, on behalf of its publication entitled Journal of Ethics & Social Philosophy, online peer-reviewed journal in moral, political and legal philosophy ("the Journal"), and the author.
By signing this form electronically, the Author expresses consent to the following terms:
1. The Author grants to the Journal the free, perpetual, and nonexclusive right to publish the Article and its abstract online on the Journal's website, and thus make it available for downloads by the public at large, free of charge.
2. In addition to the rights granted above, the Author grants to the Journal the right to authorize any other links to the Article by third parties and/or authorize reproduction and publication of the Article by computerized retrieval systems operated by third parties (such as Westlaw and Lexis) and/or any other index or computerized search engine operated by third parties (such as Philosopher's Index), provided that the Journal does not modify the Article without explicit permission from the Author.
3. The Author retains ownership of the copyright in the Article and all rights not expressly granted in this agreement, provided that in any subsequent publication of the Article, in whole or in part, the Author undertakes to credit the Journal with the first publication of the Article in the Journal.
4. The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this agreement and to grant the rights therein.
5. The Author guarantees that the Article has not been previously published in print or online.
6. The Journal agrees to properly affix the Author's copyright notice on its publication of the Article.
7. This Agreement shall remain in effect for as long as copyright protection subsists in the Article.